Friday, March 6, 2009

t-minus two weeks

Two weeks from right now I'll be on a plane to Dallas, and from there to Paris. I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and starting thinking about how little preparation I've done and turned over a new leaf, making lists of things to get ahead of time, things to do day of, and things to remember before, during, and after the flight (mostly stuff to help me combat jet lag). I listened to the mp3 recordings of French phrases I downloaded onto my iPhone weeks ago and never got through all the way. For the next couple of weeks I plan to spend idle moments (while making food, washing dishes, doing laundry) going over the phrases. This became suddenly important today because I found out that the woman who owns the B&B (with a room for one guest at a time) does not speak English. I'm supposed to get in touch with Mrs. Rey two or three days before my arrival. Bon jour, je m'appelle JDJB...

PARIS
  • ear plugs
  • blindfold
  • wool socks
  • melatonin
  • snacks
  • Swann's Way
  • valerian tea
  • neck pillow
FIGHT JET LAG
  • high carb lunch
  • drink lots of water
  • set watch to destination time
  • remove shoes; get feet up
  • go to sleep immediately
  • eat lightly, if at all
  • use earplugs, blindfold, blanket, neck rest
  • set a/c to high
  • don't use sleeping pills (Tylenol PM okay)
  • exercise and stretch
Upon arrival:
  • 15 min. bright daylight
  • early morning/late afternoon exercise
  • protein-rich breakfast

No comments: