Saturday, March 14, 2009

almost midnight (2004)

I had to call S to tell him I just came up with the greatest name for our "act":
This Mother's Brothers
I'm glad he answered.

C called @ 9:30 to invite me over for carrot cake @ 10:30, and I just got back. L and I "burned one." I told him I was only up for "burning half of one," and as it turned out we ended up burning about three-quarters of one, and then he finished it. I'm on the porch now, smoking another cigarette, and then I'm gonna eat some chips and salsa and finish my Sierra Mist.

The redneck (but nice...) neighbors across the street just came outside - daddy (hot...) and three teen and or pre-teen kids - out into the street and burned a silent, sparkling, glowing firework. The kids all took turns hopping over the glow and sparks, laughing (and one of them sang "For he's a jolly good--" but thought better of it and stopped there). From here, it looked like nothing more than a welder's glow; it hurt my eyes to look at it.

I just spilled a glob of salsa in the bowl of crumbs. Now I'll have to eat them all!

No comments: