Tuesday, March 17, 2009

9:50 pm (2004)

S and I had a full day. It ended with the crash/boom of fireworks all around us. We could only here {sic} the big official fireworks over the Cumberland River, but our "fearless" (as S called them) redneck neighbors across the street gave us a week's salary worth of fireworks that S watched from the front porch and I watched with Jesse in the back yard. She wasn't fazed much at all by the noise or the spraying green, red and gold lights filling the neighborhood sky. She noticed them, seemed curious, but not afraid. I'm glad she's not afraid of fireworks. She spent most of her time catching and eating fireflies. It was her own sort of independence day celebration.

I have an idea for a series of stories called "Neighborhood Association," modeled after people I know, have met, or merely see around the neighborhood, this neighborhood. The stories, vaguely associate them with each other, if only by their own thoughts about their neighbors. I like that East Nashville has a list serv and seems very connected civicly (civically?) - in a very civic way.

No comments: