Tuesday, March 17, 2009

je voudrais m'asseoir sur votre chat

Four days from right now, I'll be stumbling around the City of Lights trying to stay awake until I can check into my B&B and take a shower - 19:00 or 20:00, according to the company who hosts the B&B where I'll be staying. And because they lady who owns the apartment in which I'll be sleeping does not speak English, I have come up with a few (20, actually) lines that might come in handy during my interactions with her. Here they are.

Hello, my name is JDJB.
Bonjour, mon nom est JDJB.

It is nice to meet you.
Il est agréable de vous recontrer.

The breakfast is delicious.
Le petit déjeuner est délicieux.

Thank you very much.
Merci bien. / Merci beaucoup.

I do not speak French. I'm sorry.
Je ne parle pas Français. Je suis désolé.

Where is the bathroom?
Où se trouvent le toilette?

May I have an extra towel?
Mai j'ai une serviette de bain?

May I have another pillow?
Mai j'ai un autre oreiller?

Where do you keep the blankets?
Où peut-on stocker les couvertures?

May I open the window?
Puis-je ouvrir la fenètre?

May I make a local telephone call?
Main-je faire un appel téléphonique?

I am from the United States, Texas.
Je suis des États-Unis, au Texas.

I do not like George Bush.
Je n'aime pas George Bush.

I like President Obama very much.
J'aime beaucoup le Président Obama.

Is there a grocery store nearby?
Existe-t-il une éepicerie à proximité?

Can you write the address down for me?
Pouvez-vous écrire l'adresse pour moi?

I may arrive late; I don't want to disturb you.
I arriver fin mai; je ne veux pas vous déranger.

Thank you for your hospitality.
Je vous remercie de votre hospitalité.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.
Je suis desolé, je ne comprends pas.

I am here with friend for a memorial.
Je suis ici avec des amis pour un mémorial.


If there are any French/English speakers out there who read over this list, please let me know if I've made a mistake and would be saying something embarrassing, immoral, or illegal. Thank you!

No comments: