Friday, October 24, 2008

birthday season begins now

My birthday is next Tuesday -- my 45th birthday -- and I'm starting celebrating now, tonight, sort of. S got a flier from a woman at school last week for the Africa Fest tonight, food, music, dancing on the main mall at UT.

Come to think of it, my celebration started last Monday night, also at UT; S got us free tickets to see Margaret Cho. We love her so much. She is one of those people we have been watching and loving together as long as we've known each other (almost 17 years now). She is one of those people we quote a lot to make each other laugh. After Margaret, we went to Hut's for 2-for-1 veggie burgers and onion rings. Mm!

Tuesday night, I got myself a tattoo, the St. Francis prayer "Where there is hatred, let me sow love..." which runs all the way down my left side, from the level of my heart to my ankle.

I've got other plans for the upcoming birthday season, which will hopefully (likely) end up with a gift from the United States of America, a wonderful, beautiful, compassionate president named Barack Obama. I'm almost tempted to ask my family members to give me that for my birthday, one vote to cover birthdays for the rest of my life, but I'm not so sure they would go for that. Maybe they would consider just not voting? I'd accept that, too!

No comments: