Wednesday, July 22, 2009

wednesday, december 8th (2004)

7:17 a.m.
I'm in Memphis. Wonder of wonders! LW asked me to come with her to do some organizational work. Works for me. Meals are included.

I've been doing pretty well on food of late (since I've been bone dry at the bank). Thursday, AL bought me lunch and the faerie formerly known as Brieze bought me dinner; Saturday, I snacked at S&G's soiree; Sunday, we had dinner with the bridge group; Tuesday was Co's holiday lunch in Nashville; last night, we got to Memphis and I got a meal at Saigon Le; and we'll be having the Memphis Co holiday lunch today, Mexican food tonight, and who knows what tomorrow holds!

Another bit of excitement in my life (also thanks to LW) is that S will be arriving in town from S.F. tomorrow night and he'll be here until Monday afternoon. Also, I asked LW if I could borrow $800 to pay back R before he goes on his trip to Galapagos, and on the way here yesterday, she asked if I would clean her house every two weeks for the next 10 months to pay her back. Wow!

I didn't realize I was coming to Memphis to lift boxes. I thought I was coming to file. What they need me to do is get the boxes of archive files labled and out of the hallway to the offsite storage. I have a stiff neck and a sore lower back, and diarrhea (still). But I'm not complaining; I'm happy for the work.

I've been feeling very down lately, mostly because of my money situation. I haven't seen a lot of R lately and I miss him. Just in the last day (not even) I've spent with LW, I remember why I don't want to live with her. Her sense of humor gets on my nerves sometimes. I guess because I don't really know how to respond.

For example, this morning, we were getting ready to come down to the hotel lobby for breakfast and I was putting on my jacket and hat, and she said, "Are you cold?!" and she said it in a condescending-sounding way. I know she doesn't mean to be condescending, but I don't know what to say that doesn't sound either dismissive or defensive. I said, "Well, I don't want to be cold," or something like that.

I guess I just can't be happy. Too much of my mother in me. I was thinking the other day about how she confessed recently that she never loved my father, even though she put on somewhat of a front for however many years it was. I got to thinking, Well, then, does she really love me? I guess this comes from the fact that we haven't talked in person since I sent her the LIAB tape.

S told me the other day he's going to rework the first part of LIAB. So many people have told him they're confused by the beginning, that they don't know what the movie is about until about 10 minutes into it. I'm staying out of it. I understand what he's going through. I love the film as it is now and I'm sure I'll love it in another form (because I'm such an egomaniac)!

A man with a toupee and lots of cologne just arrived at the table next to me and I have to get away.

No comments: