Saturday, July 25, 2009

thursday, december 9th (2004)

6:10ish a.m.
A woman with the "Southern Touch Tours" group said to me, "Is that a Belgian waffle?"
I said, "Yes, ma'am, you make it yourself!"
She threw up her hands and wrinkled her face in mock horror. "I don't wanna make anything!"

I put way too much syrup on my waffle. What a waste! There's 1/4" sitting in the bottom of my plate.

Yesterday morning and this morning I've been surprised by the rough-and-tumble manly men in the breakfast room in their construction working-looking clothes and speaking French. They're a lot less manly looking (and more appealing) speaking French!

One old lady said, "Are you enjoying it so far?"
The other said, "It hasn't started yet...!"

I guess I'm gonna see how much flour I can stuff into my stomach. I've already had a waffle and now I'm having a biscuit with flour gravy. The biscuit isn't quite cooked enough, so it's like eating a plateful of runny dough!

The women who work the breakfast shift crack me up. They wear chef's hats and coats and put out pre-made pastries and fruits and yogurt and little containers of waffle mix for the do-it-yourself waffles. I'm sure they didn't choose these outfits for themselves, but it still cracks me up.

One old lady's voice sounds like it is coming through a busted speaker. It's all brassy and airy and makes me want to clear my throat.

Lunch at Co didn't come until 4:15 yesterday! Breakfast held me okay until about then (and a few cookies in the office), and I had to run to the bathroom many times throughout the day; that was very frustrating.

I decided not to go to M&R's {with LW} last night after work. I stayed in the hotel room and watched TV. I got my three free drink coupons from the front desk and had three of the brightest green margaritas I've ever seen. Then I had some chex mix, and later the complimentary popcorn that was waiting in the in-room microwave to be popped, and one of the two complimentary sodas (a Pepsi and a diet Pepsi) in the mini-fridge.

The Life and Death of Peter Sellers was coming on, so I watched that (Geoffrey Rush is so good), then I made some long distance phone calls (60 minutes of free long distance in the hotel every day!). While I was talking to A, LW got in and we went to sleep by 10 and I was up at 6:00 and it's 6:45 now and I think LW's still asleep...

No comments: