Tuesday, July 28, 2009

sunday, december 12th (2004)

8:58 a.m.
It's not like he didn't ask what my feelings were, and it's not like he really stole anything from me because it wasn't mine to steal, but I still feel a little damaged by the whole episode.

S came to town and I was excited about that, and excited for him to meet "CBGB," but I didn't think that would happen last night.

LW & I came back on Thursday, got back at about 6:40. At 6:05, CBGB called to ask if I could cash a $20 check for him. I didn't know at the time that I couldn't, but I said yes, if he didn't mind waiting until we got to town and I got to him. His phone battery died as he was telling me he should go so I could call him when I got to town. I got to town and got to Kroger's on Franklin at about 6:50 and he was nowhere to be seen.

I drove around the parking lot (in Blue, which is very hard to miss, particularly since I've put the fake Christmas tree branches all over the top of her) and he didn't come out of the woodwork. Then I went into the store and walked across the back, looking down every aisle. I called him a couple of times and left messages - "I'm here!" "I'm in the store..." - and then I had to leave to pick up S at the airport, and I left him one more messeage: "It's 7:05, I have to go; I hope you got what you needed..."

After that, I put it out of my mind. I got S, we went home, I changed clothes and he settled in, then we went with R to Sitar for dinner. While we were there, my phone rang. I don't usually take it in places, but I thought maybe if CBGB called... And I had also just forgotten it was in my pocket. The display said it was JV. I asked S if he wanted to talk to him; he said no, I turned the phone ringer off.

After we were done eating and headed to the car, I listened to my message. It was CBGB calling from JV's apartment! He said he'd waited at Kroger's till 7:20, then went to the airport for a while, then went to R's house, then to JV's, and he said he was then gonna go back to R's.

I called JV back; he said CBGB had just left, that he was apparently having a bad day.

We got home; he wasn't here. R and S and I were sitting in the living room chatting for about an hour when there was a knock on the door. It was CBGB. I hugged him, introduced him to S, they hugged, then the four of us talked for a whle, me touching CBGB a bit - affectionately. A while later, CBGB moved over to the arm rest by S and slowly made his way to petting him and kissing him on the top of the head and they ended up sleeping in the same bed that night. (E just called - I'm going to the dog park.)

No comments: