Friday, September 28, 2007

this sucks.

I had a dream that I went to back to live with J1*. Her house was the house I lived in from eighth to twelfth grade, my mother's house. (It doesn't escape me now -- nor did it then, when I was 24 and my wife was 41 -- how Sophoclean it was). I'm unsure of my age in the dream, only that I was younger than I am now. J1 was busying herself around the house, being nonchalantly passive-aggressive, as per usual. I decided I would vacuum the house, be useful, avoid the Wrath of J1.

I knew where the vacuum cleaner was but couldn't find the attachments, and J1 was no help. It was frustrating and, quite frankly, scary, because my thoughts kept going to the fact that she was probably expecting me to have sex with her.

Next, I was in the kitchen trying to catch a bug to put out of the house, out of harm's way. J1 came into the room in a flowing muumuu and she was annoyed by the fact that I was messing with the bug and not cleaning. I thought to myself, "This was a big mistake."

Freud, anyone?

No comments: