Thursday, September 24, 2009

wednesday, january 19th (2004)

6:29 p.m.
I'm heating up some mystery food I pulled out of the freezer a few days ago. I was on my way to work (to also take care of the flat on Big Blue in the Co. parking lot) and I realized I hadn't taken my pill, so I turned around. And then I turned around again and went and got a cigarette and decided I wasn't gonna go back to work.

I cleaned LW's house for the first time today. I got started later than I'd planned (10 instead of 9) and it took longer than I'd hoped it would (4.5 hours instead of 3 - but I putzed around some, and I took a puff from her pipe...), so I came home and took Jesse to the dog park (it was warmer today than it has been) and L showed up with Reuben and Maud, so we stayed till Jess was pooped - though she doesn't seem to be pooped any longer.

(This is a brown rice, cabbage and cheese dish; it yummy.)

I left at 5 and decided to go to the gym, and then on the way out to the truck (R is letting me borrow) I realized I didn't have gym clothes or cleaning supplies. But I felt grimy, and I didn't want to go to Co. feeling like that, so I went to the gym with a change of clothes to steam and shower (and use the soap they supply).

M with the dot tattoo was there. I have a crush on him. He said hi, asked me how I was and we ended up in the sauna together. When we were finally alone, I said what I'd been thinking for the first 10 minutes...

ME: Would you be interested in going out to eat with me sometime?
HIM: Are you asking me out on a date?!
ME: I guess so!
HIM: ...I'm not dating right now.
ME: Okay...that's cool. --Would you want to go out for dinner not on a date, just as friends?
HIM: To be honest with you, now that I've seen you naked, I don't think that would be possible.
ME: Fuck...
HIM: I'm just being honest.
ME: Okay. --Did you have a bad experience?
HIM: No, it's just not the right time.
ME: Good for you; I can appreciate that. --When do you think you'll date again?
HIM: I don't know. I'll know when the time is right.
ME: Could be soon...
HIM (laughs): What's your name again?
ME: JDJB.
HIM: JDJB.
ME: And you're M.
HIM: You have a better memory than me.
ME: I just have a crush.
HIM: Excuse me?
ME: I have a crush on you.
HIM: Thank you.
(Then people came in.)

(Later, outside the shower.)
ME: I want you to know that was difficult for me.
HIM: I know-- Okay. It's not you; the timing's just not right.
ME: I hear you. I think that's good that you're there with that.

11:21 p.m.
I'm so daft! Matt was saying he wants to have sex with me. Hey, I'm not looking for love, either. Well, I am, but not here. As of this writing, I am not interested in staying in Nashville indefinitely.

My sweet potato peanut soup turned out good but looks like vomit. I didn't have enough of any of the ingredients so I had to substitute. I used 2 sweet potatoes, a russet potato and a carrot instead of 3 sweet potatoes. I used red cabbage instead of "cauliflower or cabbage" (they probably meant green cabbage). I didn't have peanut oil so I used sesame oil - no big deal - and I didn't have roasted peanuts so I used chunky peanut butter. I garnished it was Italian parsley and it was good that way.

I'm also thinking of making quinoa to serve it with (or put it right into it).

I can't believe it's 11:28. I'm wired. C came over and brought vanilla ice cream and I had root beer, and we had root beer floats.

Oh, yeah, and I didn't have regular chili peppers so I used a dried up old jalapeno pepper. And then I jerked off later and my penis was hot for a while afterward. My face, too, because I was looking at it, picking at it.

I think the sit in the sauna was good for my skin. I've been very greasy lately. Oh, I didn't mention my nosebleed, did I? Yeah, shortly after my interaction with M in the steam room, I got a nosebleed. As C said, "To add injury to insult!" (I said it the other way and she corrected me.) I ran out of the sauna bleeding on my towel. M asked about me later...

HIM: Are you all right?
ME: Yeah, I got a nosebleed.
HIM: Yeah. I get them all the time. It's the dry air.
(Maybe.)

(photo credit)

No comments: