Tuesday, September 22, 2009

tuesday, january 18th (2004)

9:43 p.m.
Jesse's chomping away on a beef rib on the other side of the bed. Sometimes I think I don't want a pet because I hate the constant reminder of the food chain.

I got all worked up about the Turnip Truck yesterday. I stopped by there after work and talked to Je, and now I've come down. I'd like the job, but I'm okay if I don't get it, too. When I heard myself today saying, "I just might not wanna move for a while--" and "I think I would wanna look for an apartment--" if I get this job, I thought, hm, does it really matter? If I get the job I'll be here, if I don't get the job I'll be here, for a while. I'll have plenty of time to change my mind a few more times before a decision has to be made.

I did talk to LW today about the possibility of having to leave Co., and she was happy for me. I was afraid she might be "upset." Silly me.

Interesting, this: I came out of Co. at 5 today bound for TT, only to discover a flat tire. I tried to change it myself before calling AAA but I wasn't able to get the lug nuts off. C has Roadside Assistance with Geico, and I have Geico now, so I called Geico (I skipped this: AAA had a 2.5 hour wait), but found out I didn't have Roadside Assistance on my Geico policy. Oh, and I actually had to pay up my AAA account in order to get help from them - $46 - and then I found out it was a 2.5 hour wait, and then I called Geico, blah, blah, blah.

Interesting, though, that I had a flat because: it made me stop and calm down and let the stress go (I smoked the other half of a cigarette I'd started on the way to work - C caught me, and I was just being proud of myself for not ever smoking at work - although I do all the time light up in the parking lot as I'm leaving).

R brought me Shields & Yarnell rainbow wool socks from Ecuador...

Fats went out of town without calling me about the recording. I'm only mildly concerned about that right now. I'm too tired to be any more concerned about anything right now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

(photo credit)

No comments: