Saturday, April 5, 2008

maybe it's in the air

B and I ended up at Clay Pit (where D said he works) last night after the improv show (which wasn't really improv -- more scripted; some guy from Oregon -- and which was okay). D wasn't working -- which was fine -- and B and I had a long conversation about sexuality (mostly mine) and meditation and art.

Today, for some reason, S and I started thinking about moving. It's kind of a casual thought because a house down the street is for rent. They rent there is $1050, which is $400 more than we're paying, and it's more than we want to (and really can) afford, but we're increasingly concerned about the eventual reality that DL is going to sell this house and we will have to move. A's daughter has a house south of Cesar Chavez which I think is $1000, and it isn't for rent right now, but it's a better location, maybe. Maybe it will come up for rent in September or October, which would be better.

But this is all speculation at this point. I like the house down the street. I think I like this neighborhood better. S doesn't like the house because it's not shaded and because it has orange trim (the UT color) which is kind of annoying. It might be noisier because it's closer to the interstate. I would be willing to pay $50 more a month than S. But neither of us really wants to move right now.

No comments: