Thursday, October 15, 2009

thursday, january 27th (2004)

8:45 a.m.
Yesterday was a migraine day, brought on by having to deal with C&D. F finally called to tell me that it wouldn't be impossible for us to do the recording of the songs, but it wasn't going to be easy either. He went on to list his schedule over the next couple of weeks, which has him out of town more than in town, and in the studio the majority of time he is in town. I decided right them that I was gonna tell New York that F isn't available and I told him so, and I could tell he felt bad because he started trying to help we come up with alternative ways to deal with the situation, and then K got on the line to offer her thoughts. I don't know if I already had the headache when I hung up with them or if it came on from that point, but even so, I felt a sense of relief. I called Su's voice mail.

9:21 a.m.
I got a call from S. He got the cooking job at a restaurant run by a Buddhist group in Boulder, Utah. He told me this a couple of days ago, I think - no, actually, he left a message yesterday - and when I told R he said he would be interested in going there to visit. S just told me this morning that the restaurant is attached to a lodge, and R and I (and Jesse) could get a room there (for a fee). Bayne probably wouldn't go because he's so feeble anymore.

But then I got to thinking after that that since I want to go to Denver, this may be the perfect opportunity. The question is - I guess - if Old Blue would be able to pull R's truck. Denver, CO, is on the way to Boulder, UT. It seems like it's meant to be. I'll have to figure out when and how to tell R.

No comments: