Monday, June 1, 2009

thursday, october 21st, part two (2004)

----------
I'm being good to myself tonight. And bad. I didn't transcribe. I checked my mail then closed the email program, looked at dirty movie clips on the web and jerked off, then smoked some (more), poured myself a SoCoCoCola, and am lying in the front bedroom writing.

I didn't write the above story here in bed - I just got here, at the line. I read one story - no, two - from Bukowski's Tales of Ordinary Madness. This inspires me. Same thing happened when I read that collection of short stories by the guy with the cool first name; I can't remember it. The inspiration happened while I was reading his book of short stories (can't remember the name of it either). I don't think I took advantage of the inspiration enough at the time and regretted it, so I'm trying to remedy that regret by taking advantage of what I'm feeling, where I'm at right now.

I'm also making Bourbon Street Red Beans & Rice (vegetarian-- vegan, actually). R asked me today if I would. I'm glad he asked, it made me feel good for some reason. A little more content. It seems that maybe our relationship is settling into a place that he can handle. He's an odd bird. More odd than I thought! (But loveable all the same; perhaps even more loveable because of it.)

No comments: