Thursday, June 25, 2009

sunday, november 7th (2004)

11:06 pm
Everything's different. I'm in a kinda dazey state from having spent the better part of the past two days writing songs for the children's musical SB and I are writing and A is directing. I got 6 songs out of me.

I spent 4 hours at the library yesterday looking at books (I checked out 2) but not writing any songs. I basically got myself all frustrated and decided I needed to get high to find any inspiration. I called LW; no luck. Then I went to LB's house and we smoked a whole joint together. Status quo for him; way beyond my usual intake - I would've been fine with a pipeload - but these are desparate times and I took what I could get however I could get it.

His assistant C was there; he told me she arrived and was getting out of the car and that she's a big fan of S.A.L.L.I. We smoked in the back yard with all the dogs. Then the NES guy came and needed the dogs in the house and access to the back yard so he could put in a new meter. And I was raring to go. I waited for LB a while, but he was taking too long and I was too high. I told C to tell him goodbye and left.

I didn't wanna come home because I knew if R was here I wouldn't likely be able to work. So I went to Shelby Park. But as soon as I parked I knew I was in the wrong place to be doing the kind of work I needed to do. I decided to drive around and listen to my "C&D" cassette of ideas to see if any inspiration came from that.

It did. I got inspired to make an album of the cassette of ideas, call it "First Takes," mass produce it (small run) and give it as gifts. It cracked me up. I wonder if it's still as good, now that I'm not high? (I'm only high and dry now.) We'll see.

It did get my creative juices flowing, though, and I sat at a Chinese buffet restaurant and ate bad food and roughed out four songs, then came home and wrote a couple more. R was here but was unusually removed. He's always removed - or most always - but he was kind of pleasant. Actually, quite pleasant.

The restaurant was one I'd been to a few times before for white rice. $1.50 for a quart at any Chinese restaurant in town. Quite a deal. I've been having diarrhea for going on 10 days. I have to call the doctor again in the a.m. I don't know her; I just called the number on my TennCare card. She called in a prescription for some tiny little pills that stop the diarrhea. The problem with those medications is they just stop you up. She said I could take up to 4 doses a day. I've only taken one dose at the most in a day, here and there, and only when I'm shitting water.

I don't feel particularly bad; I don't feel sick, really. I'm more tired than usual and I feel nauseous when I eat anything but B.A.R.T. (that's supposed to be B.R.A.T.: bananas, rice, applesauce and toast). I can't stick to that diet, though; I get unbelievable cravings for all kinds of things like bar-be-que and pizza and onion rings. I have stopped drinking coffee, which is a good side affect from all of this - I felt like I was drinking too much in a day.

I ordered a pizza tonight and as soon as I was done with dinner, I shat water a couple times, and then I was done. The doctor said avoid dairy, even yogurt, avoid sugar... I avoid them, but they seem to find me! I don't have a huge appetite; I'm skinnier than ever. The doctor said sometimes the body has a hard time getting back on track after a virus or something like that.

I hope that's all it is. I guess I should be more worried, but what good would that do?

R went to SMS, or nearby anyway, to stay the night with G. He took Jesse with him. Jesse is terrified of G. He has weird energy, I must admit, but I'm sure she'll survive. I'm glad I'm not having to take care of her.

R and I stopped writing notes to each other, nice or otherwise. I guess that's okay. It's kinda weird being here in all this silence. I guess I'll have to see how it unfolds.

No comments: