Friday, February 29, 2008

leap year overachiever

I've been wanting to do some things and decided that February 29th would be a good day to do them, considering that it's an extra day, right?

I dropped out of the online dating scene. My three-day sample membership was coming up and it wasn't nearly as interesting as I'd hoped it would be. I did exchange email addresses with a family law attorney who has sent me a couple of really short emails saying he's going to send me a longer one soon, which is fine. In his profile, he has a picture of a small-breed dog, which for some reason is a bit scary to me!

I voted, not today, but that was one of the things that was on my list, and I managed to take care of it early. I think it was Monday or Tuesday that I voted. Then S gave me a ticket to a Town Hall Meeting with Barack Obama that he couldn't go to yesterday morning, and I went, and I was inspired. I love that man; I seriously hope he wins. I think we'll all be better for it, even the people who don't think so yet. He's just so honest and straightforward and present when he's talking, when he's answering questions. Thoughtful, engaging and seemingly concerned with all sides of the issues and all people on all of the various sides.

I was gonna wait until tomorrow to start doing yoga, just because I thought I would get a month card, and decided the first day of the month would be a good day to do that. But then I thought the 29th would be a better day, because it's an extra day, right? I don't know why I thought it would be better, but I thought so. But then I was pacing around yesterday, trying to figure out what to do with my evening, and I went to a yoga class and got the month card. I found the yoga studio online and it seemed to be within walking distance. I tried it out on my way home from the Town Hall Meeting, which was at the Convention Center. It was a little bit tucked away and difficult to find, but I won't have trouble finding it again. It took me thirty-four minutes to walk home from there. So I'll get an hour's worth of cardio as well as the actual yoga, so yay.

I could have done some writing yesterday, but I'd already done so much, I needed a break. It feels great to be working on august chagrin again, even if I've gone back and started rewriting the whole fucking thing from the top, longhand. It's just what I had to do.

And, I started a myspace page. I've been spending so much time looking at R's and his "friends'" that I became excited by the idea of creating one. I'm a bit of a luddite, though, so I stumbled through setting it up. As is usual with me, I wanted it to be a lot more than it could be, or at least more than I was able to make it be. But I'm slowly but surely getting it together. I want it to be a place to post my creative output, my novel, my paintings, videos I've created (I've only created one, but it's there).

It feels kind of like I'm "seeing other people," since I now have a blog page and a myspace page, but this singular relationship was starting to feel a bit stifling. (That's a joke.) Anyway, my myspace page can be found here, in case any of you four people who read my blog are interested and haven't already gotten a request from me to be my friend!

No comments: