Monday, February 25, 2008

love me somebody

S went to NYC for the weekend to work on the rock opera of the life of Lizzie Borden that he and a friend who predates me have been working on for forever. I had too much time on my hands! He was supposed to leave on Friday, but because of weather his flight was canceled. It got rescheduled for early Saturday morning, so I didn't go to the CampCamp benefit on Friday, which was a little bit of a disappointment, but really okay. A little bit less okay was the fact that I had to get up before 5:00 a.m. to take him to the airport, but I survived.

On Saturday night, P1 came over for dinner. I made a spinach and scallion quiche and a spring mix green salad with Greek olives, feta cheese, roasted pecans, carrots, and a balsamic honey dressing with way too much cayenne pepper! She brought a bottle of white wine; we had a really nice time, talking mostly about my relationship issues (regarding my non-relationship with R, etc.).

I had been pretty distracted all day and almost didn't get the meal done in time. We were on a schedule, had plans to see a show, though a couple of times during the evening I thought it would be okay if we didn't make it, that it would be nice just to stay at home and talk awhile longer. But we did make it, and I'm so glad we did. We went to see Dynasty Handbag and we laughed till our faces hurt (well, actually, I don't know if P1's face hurt; it didn't look so bad to me).

On Sunday, I called several people I had been thinking of calling for some time (you know, old friends), and left a lot of messages and talked to one person. I felt despondent and ended up getting on one of those online dating websites and spent hours filling out information about myself that I was never completely satisfied with. I sent out 22 short emails (generic, cut and pasted over and over) and got a response from one of them today, and also got what is called a wink (in the online dating world) from somebody I didn't even email, a good-looking man in Ohio or some other state, so maybe that was a mistake.

I had to pick S up at the airport at 12:30 a.m., so after I swore off the computer (too much staring), I sat on the porch and smoked a cigarette, read another chapter of On the Road, then shaved off my moustache and goatee. When that was done I liked the way I looked in the mirror and wish I could get my computer camera to work so I can take a more updated picture of myself for all that potential love getting ready to come my way.

No comments: