Thursday, November 15, 2007

vagina mona-logue

I had chapters one and three critiqued by the Group last night. (Chapter two had already been critiqued so I put a brief synopsis of it between the chapters.) They liked chapter one (the diary entry) over chapter three (Rona's monologue), not that they were in competition. Some feel I overdo it on the details whereas others believe my details are a strong point (so I guess that was a wash). Some were confused by the change of voice (to Rona, telling Mona's story) in chapter three, but that's ignorable since I expect the entire book to change voices in many ways, and they don't really know that yet -- it was only chapter three, for pete's sake. One retired gentleman named G2*, whom I really like personally and as a writer (well I don't really know him that well personally), said, "I'm not a prude, but what's with all the masturbation?"

No comments: