Wednesday, December 12, 2007

#2: a deep connection

You should move here. Your boyfriend can come too. You should both come to Austin so that when the two of you break up, I'll be your shoulder to cry on, your healing hug, your next bit thing. I know it didn't work out before -- I know you tried so hard so many times -- but you have to understand, I wasn't in my right mind. I wasn't myself at all. And if you could love me like that (even though I kept pushing you away), just imagine what a catch I'd be now. I really think it would be different.

I feel a deep connection to you that has been getting in the way of my making other connections. I see now that this is true. I think there's only you. And there's only me. I think this boyfriend of yours is just a band-aid, like the last one was, and the ones before that. They mean something in the short-term, but really, we're meant to be together. You can't see that now because you're blinded by the good sex you're still having. What did you say, a year at the end of this month. We can do better than that. You know I'm right!

No comments: